Publications & Resources Papers Journal or conference publications related to ExMatEx.
A project as large as ExMatEx produces a lot of “stuff”. This poses a challenge to organize it efficiently for convenient access by others. At some point we may incorporate a searchable, database-backed, solution on this site. For the time being we'll try and organize our output into a structure of HTML pages.
There are five pages listed in the menu to the left:
- Everything: one page with all of our output on it, ordered by year. Whithin each year we have categories for papers, presentations, reports, and software.
- Papers (this page): Computer scientists typically publish at conferences, physicists in journals. We make no distinctation and gather all published papers on one page, sorted by year of publication.
- Talks: Same deal—no distinction on where, or to whom, the talk was given. All presented talks are on one page, sorted by when presented. Where possible, we try to cross-link between related talks and papers.
- Reports: This is a catchall category for things that don't fit in the bins above. Examples include unpublished technical reports, position papers, review documents, software documentation, web posts, etc.
- Software: links to our open source software. This page may also include pointers to partner (e.g. vendor, academia) software if it's used in ExMatEx proxies or for analysis.
You may note that there are no specific categories for proxies or research areas. We do list, on each project and research area page, all of the publications (in each category above) related to that particular project.
Finally, where possible, we provide a link to the actual content. Pointers to the external source of the content (e.g. journal or conference site) is prefered. If necessary, we store content on this site and serve it from here.
B. Rouet-Leduc, K. Barros, E. Cieren, V. Elango, C. Junghans, T. Lookman, J. Mohd-Yusof, R. S. Pavel, A. Y. Rivera, D. Roehm, A. L. McPherson and T. C. Germann , “ Spatial adaptive sampling in multiscale simulation ” Comp. Phys. Comm. 185, 1857 (2014).
P. Cicotto, S. M. Mniszewski, L. Carrington, , “ An Evaluation of Threaded Models for a Classical MD Proxy Application, ” First International Workshop on Hardware-Software Co-Design for High Performance Computing (Co-HPC 2014).
R. S. Pavel, D. Roehm, C. Mitchell, C. Junghans, K. Barros, J. Mohd-Yusof, T. C. Germann and A. L. McPherson , “ Cloud+X: a Service-Based HPC Software Stack ”, submitted.
I. Laguna, D. F. Richards, T. Gamblin, M. Schulz, B. R. de Supinski, "Evaluating User-Level Fault Tolerance for MPI Applications", Proceedings of the 21st European MPI Users' Group Meeting (EuroMPI/ASIA), ACM, Kyoto, Japan, Sep 9-12, 2014.
R. A. Lebensohn, J. P. Escobedo, E. K. Cerreta, D. Dennis-Koller, C. A. Bronkhorst, and J. F. Bingert, “Modeling void growth in polycrystalline materials” Acta Materialia 61, 6918-6932 (2013) [external link]
M. Schulz, J. Belak, A. Bhatele, P.-T. Bremer, G. Bronevetsky, M. Casas, T. Gamblin, K. Isaacs, I. Laguna, J. Levine, V. Pascucci, D. Richards and B. Rountree, "Performance Analysis Techniques for the Exascale Co-Design Process", Proceedings of PARCO 2013, Munich, Germany, September 2013.
Patki, Tapysa, D. K. Lowenthal, B. Rountree, M. Schulz and B. R. de Supinski, “Exploring Hardware Overprovisioning in Power-Constrained, High Performance Computing”, Twenty Seventh International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS 2013), Eugene, Oregon, June 10–14, 2013. [external link]
I. Karlin, A. Bhatele, Jeff, Bradford L. Chamberlain, J. Cohen, Z. DeVito, R. Haque, D. Laney, E. Luke, F. Wang, D. Richards, M. Schulz and C. Still, “Exploring Traditional and Emerging Parallel Programming Models using a Proxy Application”, IPDPS 2013, Cambridge, MA, May 2013 (best paper, software track) [PDF]
B. Rountree, T. Gamblin, B. R. de Supinski, M. Schulz, D. K. Lowenthal, G. Cobb and H. Tufo, “Parallelizing heavyweight debugging tools with mpiecho”, Parallel Computing, Volume 39, Issue 3, March 2013, Pages 156-166, ISSN 0167-8191, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.parco.2012.11.002 [external link]
Spafford, K., Vetter, J. S., Benson, T., & Parker, M., “Modeling synthetic aperture radar computation with Aspen”, International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications, 27(3), 255-262, 2013 [external link]
Z. DeVito, J. Hegarty, A. Aiken, P. Hanrahan, and J. Vitek, “Terra: a multi-stage language for high-performance computing”, 34th annual ACM SIGPLAN conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI 2013), Seattle WA, June 16-22, 2013 [external link]